Thursday, February 2, 2012

January 31

Job 38 and 39 are fantastic glimpses into God's knowledge. Sometimes we think we know everything. We were even told that if we ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, we would know what God knows. But we are so far from that. Job's only response to this is:
Job 40:3-5
Then Job replied to the Lord, I am nothing--how could I ever find the answers? I will cover my mouth with my hand. I have said too much already. I have nothing more to say.
Who are we to complain to God about what He is doing in our lives? We know nothing so why would we even try to "discredit [His] justice and condemn [Him] just to prove you are right?" (Job 40:8) God reminds us of these magnificent creatures He has created (did anyone else think dinosaurs and dragons?!) and that He is so much BIGGER than these.
Job replies: "I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you...I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me." (42:2-3)
Because Job never spoke about God in ways that were untrue and was humbled by God to the point of ashes and dust, God blessed him. He ended up living a long, full life.

So Job: don't ask God why He put a trial in your path because He is bigger than anything we can ever imagine and He can do whatever He wants regardless of whether we are "good" or "bad" people. And sometimes our friends may have the best intentions when 'helping' us through trials, but that doesn't always mean they are correct. You and God know what is going on and it is important to stick to that. When in doubt: open your Bible and get to know your Creator a little bit more.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment