Monday, January 2, 2012

January 1

Genesis 3:16b
"And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you."

Feminism has taken this curse and ran with it. I know I have had many, many moments where I have "controlled" men. (I have a broken hand to remind me). I believe that this is what Eve did when she ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil first and then gave it to her husband to eat. I wonder what God's intention was for man and wife in the Garden. Were they to be equal? To share in all decision-makings, to split each other's duties, to do everything together without one of them "ruling over" the other? God made woman to be a 'helper' to man. Maybe women are intended to be their husband's "right hand man" throughout life. Our curse is that man will rule over us when we want to control them. How many times have we tried to get our way? How many times have we tried to convince the men in our lives that we know what is best for them? Let us, as women, be more of a help to men instead of always having things our way and controlling them in their thoughts and actions. Let the men see us as a help to them instead of a burden or a nagging woman in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment