Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 8

So Sarah dies when Abraham is 137 years old. He remarries and has MORE children (at his age). The blessing is still given through Isaac, but I am blown away at the fact that he had more kids!

Genesis 25:23
"And the Lord told her, 'The sons in your womb will become two nations. From the very beginning, the two nations will be rivals. One nation will be stronger than the other; and your older son will serve your younger son.'"

Before Jacob and Esau are even born, God tells Rebekah that the blessing will continue through the younger son. This is a beautiful example of God's knowledge and how it extends beyond our own. I am thankful that God knows the whole story of my life. He knows what I am going to do before the thought is even in my head. He knows the type of person I am becoming before the changes even begin to start. He knows how and when and why and where and who will come into my life. And He doesn't only know this about me, but He knows this about every single person that has ever lived and will ever live. How is that for an Almighty God.

No comments:

Post a Comment