Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 5

There is so much to learn from Abraham that it is almost hard to take it all in in such a short amount of time. I love how Abraham was known for his faith--he was found righteous because of his faith--yet he had disbelief! When God tells him that he will have a son with Sarah (in their old age) he laughs because he doesn't see how he or Sarah could have a child and tells God to make the blessing go through Ishmael. God tells him NO!--that Sarah will have a child with him and that is who he will carry His blessing through. Even though we occasionally have our doubts about things, we can still put our trust in God to carry out His plan and He will still honor our faith.

Genesis 17:1
"When Abram was ninety nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, "I am El-Shaddai--'God Almighty'. Serve me faithfully and live a blameless life."
Genesis 17:3
"At this time Abram fell face down on the ground."

I have recently been reminded how "BIG" God is. I tend to make Him too personal sometimes and that takes away from his 'grandness'--in my eyes anyhow. God is reminding Abraham that He is El-Shaddai--God Almighty. There is no limit to God. There is nothing outside His power. I am reminded that God not only cares about our 'trivial issues', but He also wants us to take the time and stand in reverence to Him and His power and glory. He wants us to worship Him. He doesn't only want us to ask things for Him to do for us. This is how my prayer life is going to change. I need to recognize God for what He is more often instead of asking Him what will he do for me. I need to get on my face before God and see Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment