Sunday, January 15, 2012

January 15

Genesis 41:38
"So Pharaoh asked his official, 'Can we find anyone else like this man so obviously filled with the spirit of God?'"

How amazing would that be to be labeled as someone who is so obviously filled with the spirit of God?! Joseph was not some 'old person' at this time. He was the same age as me! I look back at the story to see what Joseph did to 'deserve' such a title. When the cup-bearer and baker were thrown into prison and had the dreams, they said that nobody could interpret the dreams. Joseph says that is because interpreting dreams is God's business. They told him the dreams and he interpreted them for them. He pleaded with them to not forget him when they cup bearer got out so that he would be able to get out of prison. When Pharaoh had his dreams about the fat and skinny cows and the fat and withered grain, the cup bearer remembered that Joseph had interpreted his and the baker's dreams and his predictions came true. So when Joseph was brought before Pharaoh to interpret these dreams Joseph tells him "'It his beyond my power to do this,' Joseph replied. 'But God can tell you what it means and set you at ease.'" Joseph put all the attention on God's power to interpret the dream and Joseph was only a tool used to give Pharaoh the message.

Sometimes I get so caught up on the things that I'm doing that I forget that it is not me that is doing these things. I am so selfish and self-absorbed that I, too often, take the credit when it should always go to God. I think of the things that I am doing instead of the things that God is doing through me. Lets not forget who to give the glory to. We cannot do anything apart from God.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment