Saturday, January 14, 2012

January 14

So Joseph flaunted his fathers approval and his promised blessing in front of his brothers. He also was a tattle-tale on his brothers to his father. No wonder his brothers hated him so much (I can relate...I was--still am--the favorite ;p). But the Lord was with Joseph during everything he went through. Nothing surprises God because He has a plan for us even though it looks like things are swirling out of control. Even though Joseph made some mistakes in the past by flaunting things he shouldn't have, he kept his values in the midst of temptation. He explained to Potiphar's wife why he wouldn't sleep with her, said no on several occasions, and eventually ran in the other direction. How many times have we been in a tempting situation and literally RAN away? I have felt like I needed to do that a time or two, but I didn't. In today's readings, we are continually reminded that the Lord was with Joseph. I think I read it 3 or 4 times. Joseph wasn't perfect, but he did follow the Lord and he was blessed by succeeding in everything he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment