Saturday, January 14, 2012

January 12

Genesis 32:28
"'Your name will no longer be Jacob' the man told him. 'From now on you will be called israel, because you have fought with God and with men and have won.'"
I am confused as to how Jacob "won" his fight with God. I see how Jacob has mended broken relationships between people and this encounter seems to be a place of a strong spiritual battle. Jacob actually walked away injured (which is another reason I feel a lot like Jacob) so I believe this "wrestling" actually happened. I am sure God was teaching him something, but I still struggle with this passage a lot. Jacob is really concerned about how he left his home and his brother. He wants to make amends, but he is afraid his brother won't accept him and try to kill him. Instead, Esau greets him and his family with open arms. :) Jacob met God 20 years later in the same spot God blessed him when he was running away from Esau and blessed him again. A lot had changed for Jacob and his relationship with the Lord has grown even stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment